Southern Tier On Track For Passenger Rail Service (VIDEO)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pfui. In order to provide reasonable services to people, one must be taxed. Greatest good, greatest number, from those as to their ability, to those according to their need. Only reasonable way to do anything.
Karl Marx being the source of this quote, if I remember correctly. Sounds good, does not work in practice. Ignores the inherent laziness of most of mankind.
At present, the world isn't ready for the system Karl Marx laid out. I'm not pretending it is. Someday, I think, when hell on earth has come and gone, then all that will come to pass.

However, Mr. Harris, the wise men of the world all have something to offer, from Machiavelli to Marx and every place in between. From each great man, good ideas have come, along with some not so good ideas. Just because the communist system does not work in our current world, does not mean that none of the ideas from Das Kapital are applicable.

A few are applicable. And should be applied.74
Marx was a poor historian, ignorant of economics, and totally clueless about human motivation, most likely because he was a complete psychopath with megalomaniac delusions. It is fairly clear that Marx was authoritarian in his sentiments.

Machiavelli was fairly perceptive, but his work pertained solely to the behavior of a successful monarch at the end of the middle-ages, in a period of transition between limited feudal monarchy and absolutism.

Neither author has anything to offer on the topic at hand.

Marx was a poor historian, ignorant of economics, and totally clueless about human motivation, most likely because he was a complete psychopath with megalomaniac delusions. It is fairly clear that Marx was authoritarian in his sentiments.
Machiavelli was fairly perceptive, but his work pertained solely to the behavior of a successful monarch at the end of the middle-ages, in a period of transition between limited feudal monarchy and absolutism.

Neither author has anything to offer on the topic at hand.
Thank you for your interesting opinion.

Back