Special paints on superliners?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole737

Train Attendant
I went railfanning at Union Station in Portland the other day and was not expecting to see a Coast Starlight with a specially painted Superliner car. Car #34504. In a San Francisco special paint. How many cars does amtrak have with special paints? Never knew they had any!

Search Superliner #34504 and you'll see what I mean. Pretty sweet because it was also being headed by a B32 and had a Private car at the end.

Ooh, I would love to see a photo of that!
Here is a photo on Flickr (can't insert the photo directly here since its locked) of the said car.

As cool as the wrap may look, as a passenger I would be very disappointed if I got this car- the vinyl wrap on the windows makes it very difficult to view the scenery outside and almost impossible to get any photos from the window.

I would hate to be stuck sitting in that coach. Vinyl wraps around windows area a huge pet peeve of mine it makes it hard to look out! I'm perfectly fine with ads as long as they leave the windows untouched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back