Spring 2013 Double Days Are Here!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as the good Mr. Jim Hudson predicted, Double Days are here from 3/18/13 to 5/18/13.

DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER!!! ...Unless you are SE of course.

I bought 3 tickets on my AGR account within 9 days prior to double days! Arrgh! Does anyone know if I'll still get double points for this travel? Or, should I cancel & rebook my trips. Call AGR to explain my dilema and plead for points? :(

I bought 3 tickets on my AGR account within 9 days prior to double days! Arrgh! Does anyone know if I'll still get double points for this travel? Or, should I cancel & rebook my trips. Call AGR to explain my dilema and plead for points? :(
Your fine as is. It does not matter when you bought your tickets. The date of travel is what counts. As long as you register for the promotion, your trips will earn double points.

I haven't read the fine print, but when I was on AGR to register for the double points I noticed I had registered for the Biz Class on NERs 200 bonus points promo. Now, if I were to upgrade to Biz Class, say on NTD, would I get the double points on my trip PLUS the 200 bonus?

It may just be worth the extra $$ for biz class.

I haven't read the fine print, but when I was on AGR to register for the double points I noticed I had registered for the Biz Class on NERs 200 bonus points promo. Now, if I were to upgrade to Biz Class, say on NTD, would I get the double points on my trip PLUS the 200 bonus?It may just be worth the extra $$ for biz class.
Betty, I think that is a targeted promo, as it has not shown up in my AGR promotions. :angry:

BTW, the B-B-Q Chicken was a big hit AGAIN! :hi:

This promotion doesn't seem to run as long as in years past. Last year I know I got double points for my Spokane -Glacier Park roundtrip, and this was the last week in June.
No, last year the promo ended on NTD with triple points for trips that day. I'm not sure what promo you got in June, but it wasn't this one. Maybe you had one of those targeted "we haven't seen you in a while, so come back & ride" promo's?

But again, last year, and for the last few years the double points usually expires right around NTD day.

I haven't read the fine print, but when I was on AGR to register for the double points I noticed I had registered for the Biz Class on NERs 200 bonus points promo. Now, if I were to upgrade to Biz Class, say on NTD, would I get the double points on my trip PLUS the 200 bonus?It may just be worth the extra $$ for biz class.
Betty, I think that is a targeted promo, as it has not shown up in my AGR promotions. :angry:

Maybe I should sell it to Amtrak for it's diners? ;)

Maybe I should sell it to Amtrak for it's diners? ;)
Or on the platform in WIL? :) You'd make a killing until Amtrak ran you off! :ph34r:

OK, I know this is probably a "pain in the neck" question, but I am purchasing my 15-day rail pass on April 1st, I would normally get 878 points for it, does this mean I will get double that? I think I know the answer, but this is my first double promo, so I want to be sure.

This promotion doesn't seem to run as long as in years past. Last year I know I got double points for my Spokane -Glacier Park roundtrip, and this was the last week in June.
No, last year the promo ended on NTD with triple points for trips that day. I'm not sure what promo you got in June, but it wasn't this one. Maybe you had one of those targeted "we haven't seen you in a while, so come back & ride" promo's?But again, last year, and for the last few years the double points usually expires right around NTD day.
Maybe that's what it was, though I recall registering for my particular promo in February or March after having traveled Amtrak in the prior October. Maybe AGR considered not traveling for 5 months constituted "We haven't seen you for awhile" :lol:

Yahoo! Just booked Altoona to Harrisburg and back on one day. Harrisburg to PHL for NTD and back on May 11. :p

And that CLE to NYP and BOS to CLE in April will count as well. :)

Get as many Pennsylvanian rides as possible before it might be all gone :(

Betty you WILL receive the Double Points, and the 200 for BC. I did this in November on the last day of the Double Points and Received 200 points for riding FC on AE. So your well set.

Double Days - does that mean I can go around the country twice? :giggle:
Dave,

You can go around the country as many times as you want to, but I don't think Amtrak will give you double points for hauling the Penthouse Suite around. :eek: But then, if you are a good enough customer of that service, you might be able to negotiate a deal! :p

You are thinking of the summer well spent promotion. no?

Back