St Louis Amtrak Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Post Dispatch article also bemoans the lack of parking at the new/old Amtrak/Amshack station. No long term and darn inconvenient short term parking.

I guess its one step forward and two steps back :(

As a matter of fact, I am considering arriving and leaving from the Alton Il (ALN) - Anyone know if they have long term parking at ALN??

Last edited by a moderator:
It is very easy to get from Amtrak to Metrolink from the old or new station. It's probably a better idea for long term parking to park in a metrolink lot and take the train to the Amtrak Station.

It is very easy to get from Amtrak to Metrolink from the old or new station. It's probably a better idea for long term parking to park in a metrolink lot and take the train to the Amtrak Station.

Thanks, but since my train is SCHEDULED to arrive STL at 12:30am, I'm afraid that Metrolink will have rolled up the rails for the night so I am wondering about ALN

I am traveling to st. louis from Minneapolis with students on Thursday. Does anyone have any information as to whether or not the new station is open? Was hoping to get on metrolink, but it sounds like a taxi to a hotel near the arch may be a better idea at 11:00 at night if the new depot is not being used. Any updates and/or suggestions would be helpful.

In yesterday's St. Louis Post Dispatch, it was mentioned that while the station is open (for Greyhound and Metrolink), Amtrak will not be moving in until "later this month"

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/colu...F8?OpenDocument

The old and new stations are within a few hundred yards of each other. If you were on an earlier train I would see no issue with walking to the new station and Metrolink platform.... however with an arrival that late in the evening, I don't really know how safe it would be.
The St. Louis Amtrak station is saying that they'll be moving in to the new station by Wed. Nov. 19th.

Last edited:

Thanks, but since my train is SCHEDULED to arrive STL at 12:30am, I'm afraid that Metrolink will have rolled up the rails for the night so I am wondering about ALN

I'm pretty sure you can park long term at Alton for free, but there is no security and you might want to call Amtrak to make sure first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back