St Paul amtrak Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFSS

Engineer
Honored Member
Was in St Paul today visiting friends. Had some time to visit the Amtrak Station. No Amtrak trains, but some private cars. I see pictures of these on the end of the Builder now and then.

af01.jpg

af02.jpg

af03.jpg

af04.jpg

On my trip last week, a lounge car attendant told me St. Paul was restoring their downtown station and they want Amtrak to stop there. Apparently it should be a very nice station, complete with buses and light rail. So the Midway station days could be numbered.

Can anyone verify this?

Chris

saxman66 said:
On my trip last week, a lounge car attendant told me St. Paul was restoring their downtown station and they want Amtrak to stop there. Apparently it should be a very nice station, complete with buses and light rail. So the Midway station days could be numbered.
Its been talked about, but nothing set in stone yet. Plus, the local politicians can't decide if they want to commit to the University Ave LRT project. Sadly, Midway station will remain in use for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back