Station and stop information

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how the NC DOT has a webpage that lists every train stop at each station in each direction for the entire day. For a station such as NYP or WAS that would be a long list but for most places a list such as what Greensboro has is very manageable and helps with planning for someone new to Amtrak.

They should add that Southbound means the train ends in Charlotte or New Orleans and Northbound is Raleigh or New York City. New Orleans and NY is obvious (I would hope? but both Charlotte and Raleigh are both a bit south of Greensboro. I know how the tracks run but again not everyone would.

Amtrak has a webpage for each station and this would be good information to include Their Great American Stations webpage has routes served but times and trains would make a nice addition.

Greensboro Train Schedule | North Carolina Amtrak Service

I like how the NC DOT has a webpage that lists every train stop at each station in each direction for the entire day. For a station such as NYP or WAS that would be a long list but for most places a list such as what Greensboro has is very manageable and helps with planning for someone new to Amtrak.

They should add that Southbound means the train ends in Charlotte or New Orleans and Northbound is Raleigh or New York City. New Orleans and NY is obvious (I would hope? but both Charlotte and Raleigh are both a bit south of Greensboro. I know how the tracks run but again not everyone would.

Amtrak has a webpage for each station and this would be good information to include Their Great American Stations webpage has routes served but times and trains would make a nice addition.

Greensboro Train Schedule | North Carolina Amtrak Service
Take a look at Intercity Rail Map.

Click on the building icon at the top right, and enter a station. It shows the next few trains, but not a full day.

Then click on Past. It shows a history of trains that called at the station in reverse chronological order, including the train name and destination. I don't know what the cutoff is, but it appears to show 24 hours. Of course, trains that run less than daily would be missing on some days.

Take a look at Intercity Rail Map.

Click on the building icon at the top right, and enter a station. It shows the next few trains, but not a full day.

Then click on Past. It shows a history of trains that called at the station in reverse chronological order, including the train name and destination. I don't know what the cutoff is, but it appears to show 24 hours. Of course, trains that run less than daily would be missing on some days.
I use this site to track trains. It has turned into my favorite for use on a phone and the list is nice. I am not sure if a new rider would find this but it is better than nothing.

Back