Station Employee Manual?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sechs

Engineer
Is there a service manual for station employees? I had an incident with an agent who wasn't wearing a name tag, but I don't even know if that's against the rules.

There is a standards book that was released thru the FOIA. If you look around here or on Google you can probably find it. It does cover proper uniform regulations & I seem to recall that it is against regulations to not have your name tag on if your job involves customer interaction.

peter

PS: if you find it; would you mind posting a link here for it. I can add it to my collection.

It is aganst the rules to not display a name badge. they must display it at all times while on duty and off duty if they are on company property or something like that. Just like this one yard lady outside of SAS in 2008. The train hit a SUV(both pax survived) and the conductors let us off to roam around. Then this lady shows up no amtrak uniform or ID and throws her weight around demanding we all get back on the train. When someone asked to see her ID she threatens to have them arrested.Only once back on board we confirmed with a conductor that she was for real. But how are we to know that? she was later on board directing the switching and hooking up of the TE cars to the SSL cars.

Is there a service manual for station employees? I had an incident with an agent who wasn't wearing a name tag, but I don't even know if that's against the rules.
The original post is about not wearing a name tag, I was at 30th St in Philadelphia and had to obtain a ticket. The ticket agent that served me was not wearing a name tag. After my transaction was finished in a very professional manner I stated "Thank You Miss No Name". She went on to explain that her religion did not allow any adornment to be worn, she even pointed you that the buttons were plain plastic. She offered to write her name down on the ticket jacket if I had any problem. I told her that I appreciated her professional service, there was no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back