Strange consists on 98

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolyn Jane

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Wed. when 98 went through Walthourville, I noticed she did not have a baggage car, but there was an extra cafe car on the rear. And she has been running five coaches recently. Tonight (Friday 4/25) she had two Baggage cars...and one was between the diner and the sleepers. the second was on the rear, as usual. Sooo...can sleeper passengers walk through the baggage car to get to dinner? CJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Wed. when 98 went through Walthourville, I noticed she did not have a baggage car, but there was an extra cafe car on the rear. And she has been running five coaches recently. Tonight (Friday 4/25) she had two Baggage cars...and one was between the diner and the sleepers. the second was on the rear, as usual. Sooo...can sleeper passengers walk through the baggage car to get to dinner? CJ
The baggage car was shopped so they used a cafe as a baggage car. I don't know what you saw Friday but I seriously doubt there was a baggage car between in service sleepers and diner. Maybe there were extra cars deadheading on the rear.

Train 98 is eastbound/northbound, so it wasn't going to Hialeah from Walthourville. It's not my train, so I dunno. But it would be HIGHLY irregular to have a baggage car between 2 working passenger cars of any type. The forward cars, or the rear cars, were probably deadheading.

Again, there was an extra baggage car on 98 tonight, between the cafe car and view liners. No diner, and baggage on rear. Since there was no diner, I assume the sleepers were no being used. I did,t see any lights, although it is still full daylight, and she was going through Walthourville at speed. CJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but most of my NEC observations are when I am sitting at a refinery, and camera use is prohibited. Plus I'm not right up next to the main, so it wouldn't be a good shot anyway. It would be nice though. For example today Beech Grove 10001 was on the tail of 111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back