Summer Plans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Dude

I will be traveling on the Capitol Limited, and Southwest Cheif this summer to Kansas city. Anything I should know.

The Dude said:
I will be traveling on the Capitol Limited, and Southwest Cheif this summer to Kansas city. Anything I should know.
Perhaps you could be a little more specific in what you would like to know. With such a general question, I could make a smart aleck response like, "Don't forget your ticket and don't forget to get off the train in Kansas City" but I'm not the type who would say such things. :lol:

seajay

I meant in terms of any changes from last summer, on those trains. :D

The meus have just changed and are a whole heck of a lot better than they used to be, meals are also on a rotation system. Beyond that there are very minor changes that have been made, probably none of them noticable to the average passenger.

Well the equipment hasn't changed much. As Battalion pointed out though, the menus have changed for the better. Additionally the scheduled arrival times at the end points for the Capital Limited will have changed by that time.

I also think that Amtrak is trying to make a few changes to the west coast trains, but that is still pending approval by the freight RR's. So make sure that you check what times your trains are leaving and arriving shortly before your departure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back