Sunrise over the Dessert

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

celtical

Train Attendant
I won't go in to detail about the whole trip. I was on a train a few years back out of Needles, California, going to Detroit. I boarded the train around

midnight and fell asleep in my reclining seat. I woke up I'm guessing around 6am. The train was moving slowly down an incline. Outside it was

dessert like with cactus everywhere. The sun was coming up over the horizon and everything was bathed in an orange hue. This is a picture

I will never forget and the reason I am starting again to travel by train. The people and the scenery you just don,t get in other modes of travel

Yes, I agree that train travel can't be matched!
biggrin.gif

But I.m trying to figure out where you may have been. Departing NDL about midnight, you would have been near Williams or Flagstaff about 6 AM. Being at about 6,000 feet in elevation, they do not have cactus growing there. The area is covered by Ponderosa Pine Trees!

...Outside it was

desert like with cactus everywhere. The sun was coming up over the horizon and everything was bathed in an orange hue. This is a picture

I will never forget and the reason I am starting again to travel by train. The people and the scenery you just don,t get in other modes of travel
I'll be riding that line in a few days--will try to wake up at dawn and hope to see the same sight!!!!

Mysti

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't go in to detail about the whole trip. I was on a train a few years back out of Needles, California, going to Detroit. I boarded the train around

midnight and fell asleep in my reclining seat. I woke up I'm guessing around 6am. The train was moving slowly down an incline. Outside it was

dessert like with cactus everywhere. The sun was coming up over the horizon and everything was bathed in an orange hue. This is a picture

Was there whipped cream and a cherry on that dessert?

Was there whipped cream and a cherry on that dessert?
I've never tried cactus for dessert!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back