Sunset Limited electrical outlets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked through the past posts to see if this topic was addressed, but didn't see that it was. I'll be travelling on the Sunset Limited from Louisiana to Arizona soon and I'll be bringing my laptop and cell phone with me, both of which I'll need to charge en route. I have a coach seat, but can't afford sleeper accomodations, unfortunately. Does anyone know if there are electrical outlets at the coach seats on the Sunset Limited? Amtrak's website is somewhat vague on this issue (they say some trains have them, but they don't give info as to specific trains, that I could find). Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The Sunset uses Superliners, I have only ridden in a SUperliner coach once, and i dont remember if there were outlets or not.

I do believe, however, that I have heard many complaints about the Lack of outlets in long-distance coaches. I dont recall whether they were talking about AMfleet 2s or Superliners.

Maybe someone else here can shed light on the subject.

Jon

Very few Superlines, a double decker car, has outlet for every coach seats. There's two outlets, one at each end, if I'm right, in coach cars. You can find more in lounge/sightseer car. I recommend for you to bring a surge protector for two reasons: fluctuate power and recessed outlets.

gswager said:
Very few Superlines, a double decker car, has outlet for every coach seats. There's two outlets, one at each end, if I'm right, in coach cars. You can find more in lounge/sightseer car. I recommend for you to bring a surge protector for two reasons: fluctuate power and recessed outlets.
I see a few passengers here and there who bring an extension cord along with them. They usually ask to be seated near the end of the car where the outlets are located. You could try that as long as it isn't a "safety hazard" or become a nusiance to the other passengers and crewmembers. I don't particularly see a problem with that regarding those circumstances. OBS....

Back