Sunset Limited in SAS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coxm50

Train Attendant
I am looking at going from New Orleans back home to OKC via the Sunset, and was wondering if they let passengers connecting to the Eagle wait on the train until the Sunset leaves or do we have to get off as soon as we arrive in SAS? Getting off at 3AM and waiting till 7 in from what I hear is a rather small station doesn't sound to fun.

Also do the coaches on the Sunset and Eagle have outlets at every seat?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking at going from New Orleans back home to OKC via the Sunset, and was wondering if they let passengers connecting to the Eagle wait on the train until the Sunset leaves or do we have to get off as soon as we arrive in SAS? Getting off at 3AM and waiting till 7 in from what I hear is a rather small station doesn't sound to fun.
Also do the coaches on the Sunset and Eagle have outlets at every seat?
As long as the doors stay open you can. But make sure you are off by 5:40 AM or well before that. I would talk to the attendant to make sure the doors will be open. They might close them briefly when they do some switching around, but obviously they are going to board the train before it leaves again at 5:40 AM.

We get so many questions of this sort, or about what meals are served and when they are served.

Why can't Amtrak put this necessary info in the timetables?

Why can't Amtrak put this necessary info in the timetables?
Because that would be too damn easy, helpful and convenient for the Amtrak customers. Remember Amtrak is a bureaucracy and people who work in government try so hard to keep the red tape going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back