Sunset Ltd missing?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniMax

Train Attendant
I don't see the east bound Sunset Limited on the Amtrak Location Map. Last night the avatar was near Sanderson. It had turned grey with the ominous message: service disruption. This morning (6/3/16) it isn't there at all. Any idea what could have happened?

http://asm.transitdocs.com/

Shows it headed towards Palm Springs and running almost 8 hours late.

Most likely flooding, etc in LA and TX as it was late arriving at the 1st stop after NOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
The WEST bound Sunset Limited, Train 2, is not represented on the map at all. Other than being abducted in Marfa, what could be the reason?

Alien abduction? That isn't far from Marfa.
Maybe Aliens want a sample train to see how it is done right! Maybe that is where the Dining Car went on the Florida Train with no diner. Better yet, beem Micha up and let him tell the Aliens how to run a passenger train!

2 is eastbound It is probable that Amtrak has stopped receiving the signal from the gps unit on the lead locomotive. I suggest that we check for the file over on Dixieland software...
Are you saying the trailing locomotive's GPS-SAT fleet location tracking device is incapable of being used as a failover? That seems like a rather glaring flaw in the design of the system.

2 is eastbound It is probable that Amtrak has stopped receiving the signal from the gps unit on the lead locomotive. I suggest that we check for the file over on Dixieland software...
Are you saying the trailing locomotive's GPS-SAT fleet location tracking device is incapable of being used as a failover? That seems like a rather glaring flaw in the design of the system.
No suggestion other than it could be technical issues in any number of systems. It seems to have fallen off the earth, and even Dixieland software agrees with that assessment.

That area around SAS has been pounded with rain washouts and flooding. I suspect they are holed up in Sanderson and have cancelled today's number 2 to NOL. I was supposed to be on that train today, so I'm glad I cancelled my west bound last Monday and todays 2. Monday's number 1 did not depart NOL until around noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back