Sunset LTD time change

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rmadisonwi said:
The westbound Maricopa stop will probably be shortened back to 10 minutes, because otherwise the train would block the grade crossing for 40 minutes. Of course, this all *assumes* the train is on time anyway, which it won't be, so it really doesn't make any difference.
They added an extra 29min at mrc for the westbound.And 28min for the eastbound :)

I was curious if it was at all possible to make a connection from a SJ to the Sunset via Greyhound. The only possibility and it's not the greatest is to bus from Bakersfield to Yuma. A four hour wait in Yuma minimum assuming the train is on time :lol:

bmlock said:
I was curious if it was at all possible to make a connection from a SJ to the Sunset via Greyhound. The only possibility and it's not the greatest is to bus from Bakersfield to Yuma. A four hour wait in Yuma minimum assuming the train is on time :lol:
And that would only work if the San Joaquin was on time (usually not a problem, but they have arrived in Bakersfield 1+ hours late before on certain occasions) since it would not be a "guaranteed" connection between Amtrak and Greyhound at Bakersfield. Nope, I'd pretty much say any same day connection is dead.

On the bright side, a same day guaranteed connetion from the Sunset to San Joaquin trains 717 and 703 will still be "guaranteed" (probably still bused from Palm Springs) at Los Angeles.

Back