Superliner A room vs other deluxe rooms

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the question about asking for specific rooms. You can when "calling" to book reservations request specific rooms(I usually prefer bedroom D or roomettes 3 and 4). If you book on line you get the luck of the draw but can call Amtrak and request your reservation be modified. This works depending on availability of the room and the particular customer service rep who answers your call. I should note I make my reservations as much as six to eight months in advance when there are many rooms still available and of course I checked Amsnag for the best rates.

Coaches ahead of sleepers or vice versa is often determined by switching requirements at terminals, and may have nothing to do with circumstances inside the train. Trains that pick up or drop cars will generally have those cars positioned in the most convenient location for efficiency in switching.

Tom

Back to the thread topic for a moment--Bedroom A

On the plus side bedroom A is less likely to cause noise interference with your only neighbor (bedroom B), since there is no movable wall. and no other bedroom on the other wall. We opted for A because of a 2 yr old that likes to make lots of noise.

The negatives... Outside your door is the vestibule door and depending on the car's location in the trainset may a busy door. Riding over the trucks creates more noise and a rougher swaying ride. The room is cutoff on the corner where the hallway makes a turn so the bathroom is shoved over a bit and its door located on the aisle side instead of the window side. It also reduces what little space there is by the single chair by the window.

If its your only choice, its still beats being a Lounge Lizard. :mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back