Superliner Bedroom Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottC4746

OBS Chief
I have been reviewing the images and information on line about the private shower in the bedroom. I will be on the SL in January and wonder how many people really use the private shower. I see images of a very wet bathroom that could take who knows how long to dry.

Scott , I would have to recommend only one person at a time in this shower, its not very wide.

My wife has used the shower in the room, I had to use the community shower room.

I have been reviewing the images and information on line about the private shower in the bedroom. I will be on the SL in January and wonder how many people really use the private shower. I see images of a very wet bathroom that could take who knows how long to dry.
My wife and I have had the use of bedrooms a number of times over the years. We always use the shower down the hall. The on in the room is just too small, IMO, to be usable for a shower. And, the floor, walls, and commode remains wet the rest of the trip.

Scott , I would have to recommend only one person at a time in this shower, its not very wide.
Unless the room is going to be used by the two of you for something other than showering, that shouldn't be too much of an issue...

Was on the SL in mid August; my companion and myself both used the in bedroom shower at seperate times....just big enough to barely turn around. I am 6'4" and it was really ok; we had sort of a semi updated shower system....had the new controls and was not timed. And yes, it remains wet until you towel dry it down. Also take some Lysol wipes to clean everything down before use...at least we did being clean freaks.

I used the shower a couple of months ago when on the Coast Starlight. Of course my Father didn't tell me he had pocketed the soap and shampoo so I ended up feeling like I hadn't accomplished anything. It wasn't too bad an experience though. I didn't try and shave afterwards, I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.

I've used the showers in the bedrooms. I've found things like water-pressure and water-temperature can tend to vary, so I only use the shower if I will not have access to a hotel room shortly after detraining.

I, personally, just use the common shower in the car for showering. It is bigger and more roomy anyway!
My husband, who is 6'3" and I, (5'2") both used the in-room shower each morning of our Chicago-Emeryville trip on the California Zephyr with no problems ~ other than my husband asked me if I had trouble with the shower not draining when I was in it..... he was standing on the drain! :lol: :rolleyes:
We utilized our used towels to dry off the inside of the shower/shower curtain/toilet, so there weren't any problems with the enclosure remaining wet.

Having a private shower (and toilet) available to us is the primary reason we fork out the $$$ to have a duluxe bedroom instead of a roomette. We'll be in a bedroom on the Empire Builder in December and will we using the shower in our room. ;)

I, personally, just use the common shower in the car for showering. It is other than my husband asked me if I had trouble with the shower not draining when I was in it..... he was standing on the drain! :lol: :rolleyes:
LOL. Some of us have our brilliant days and then... not our brilliant days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back