Superliner Lounge Car

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NativeSon5859

Conductor
I saw a Superliner Lounge Car...not a Sightseer Lounge...in the coach yards in NOL yesterday as I was heading out on 58. This was the first time i've ever seen this one. Heck i didn't even know they had a regular, non-Sightseer Superliner Lounge. I'm going to take a guess and say it is used on Auto Train since that train has been known to use some different equipment.

Can anyone let me know why this one made its way to NOL?

Thanks!

It's possible that the car was in NOL for either maintence there, as is the case for locomotives sometimes IIRC or even be on its way to Beech Grove for maintence/inspection/repaint (if still in IV). I'm guessing the car you saw looked like a diner bascially, but said lounge on it, correct?

Like this one to the right in the foreground:

Auto Train Lounge Car

Midland Valley said:
Back when the CZ also had the Desert Wind and the Pioneer on it, there was a a car with regular seating above and lounge below. Could this be considered a lounge car?
If you are referring to a Superliner snack coach, I wouldn't count those as lounges, because there is no lounge seating (just a cafe counter).

Back