Superliner Roomettes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steveb

Train Attendant
I know this question has probably been asked a million times...but here it goes again.

I have a reservation from Alton IL to New Orleans (via Chicago) on Texas Eagle/CNO on April 8, 2009. My roomette on the Southbound CNO is in roomette 4. The return trip is in roomette 2. I have heard stores in the past about rooms next to stairs/toilets etc could be noisy. Are these good or should I call them back and ask for another room. Any advise would be appreciated. I plan to post my trip in the trip report section after this journey. The longest train trip I have ever made was from Carbondale, IL to Chicago. I am really looking forward to this one.

I know this question has probably been asked a million times...but here it goes again.I have a reservation from Alton IL to New Orleans (via Chicago) on Texas Eagle/CNO on April 8, 2009. My roomette on the Southbound CNO is in roomette 4. The return trip is in roomette 2. I have heard stores in the past about rooms next to stairs/toilets etc could be noisy. Are these good or should I call them back and ask for another room. Any advise would be appreciated. I plan to post my trip in the trip report section after this journey. The longest train trip I have ever made was from Carbondale, IL to Chicago. I am really looking forward to this one.
I'm not fond of roomette 2. It's the closest to the one upstairs toilet, which gets lots of use.

Roomette 2 is closest, yes, but it is across the hall from the upstairs toilet. (Roomette 1 - the SA's room - is next to the toilet.) Roomette 4 is next to Roomette 2.

Personally, I would like these, as they are in the center of the car.

HERE is a diagram of the Superliner cars.

More traffic noise from the bathroom with those two rooms. But it's a trade off too. Less noise from the door to the next car, which when opened (and it opens frequently, even at night), means more track noise. Start moving down the car and you decrease the restroom door noise, but increase the other. And you just might increase your price too.

I've been in the two room many times and I don't mind it, but that's me.

Not to mention the number of times someone hasn't latched the door just right to turn the light on....

I know this question has probably been asked a million times...but here it goes again.I have a reservation from Alton IL to New Orleans (via Chicago) on Texas Eagle/CNO on April 8, 2009. My roomette on the Southbound CNO is in roomette 4. The return trip is in roomette 2. I have heard stores in the past about rooms next to stairs/toilets etc could be noisy. . . .
My wife and I had #2 on the Zephyr in 2007. I had read the warnings and was concerned but we noticed no noise problems at all. There was more noise from traffic in the hall (and that not bothersome) than anything else and we never really noticed people going in and out of the toilet.

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back