SWC #3

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redsandal

Train Attendant
Planning to take the SWC from ABQ to LAX on Saturday. I notice that it's been running late most of the week. I suspect this is due to weather up at Raton Pass. Can anyone verify this? We are in for snow tonight through most of the day tomorrow, but then clearing and all weather out of that area by Saturday morning. Any idea how late the train might be getting into ABQ Saturday evening? Worried about this because we have to make a connection to the Pacific Surfliner to San Diego at 9:40am.

There's really no way to tell how late the train will be days from now. But, don't worry about missing the Surfliner. They run all day and you can take the next departure.

Surfliner is unreserved train, so your Pacific Surfliner ticket is valid for any trains on any days with an exception of business class.

As for ABQ, it's hard to tell when. Today's storm will mostly impact central NM, so hopefully less delay. You'll have to check on Amtrak status on Saturday to find out the status on SWC.

We're getting off the #3 SWC in ABQ on Saturday. If you see a long-haired guy in a Bears jacket and a dark-haired girl with a purple suitcase, that's us. Be sure to wave.
hi.gif

Thanks everyone. Good to know we can catch a later train. Sorcha, you will probably enjoy ABQ, supposed to be sunny and mid 40's all next week!

Thanks everyone. Good to know we can catch a later train. Sorcha, you will probably enjoy ABQ, supposed to be sunny and mid 40's all next week!
That's how it is in Michigan right now. It's bizarre. I can't believe we have to go to New Mexico to see snow on Christmas. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back