Syracuse station - safe place?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

How safe is Syracuse, NY station? We will arrive at 9:40pm and take a shuttle to the hotel.

Is safe to wait for a shuttle on the station? We have 3yr old kid.

I think it might be. I'm from Buffalo and have been there a few times. The Syracuse station is fairly new and busy. Its a mixed use station so there is a greyhoud depot inside. They're might be a decent amount of people getting off and on since you're prob. riding the Lake Shore Limited (and syr and roc seem to be busy since flights aren't that cheap from there) so realax, you'll be fine.

The Syracuse station is as safe, as any bus stop. There is an Dunkin Donuts open 24hrs in the station. The Greyhound stop is 24hrs. There is an Guard on duty 24hrs. I have been in the station at all hours of the day and night. (There is an big meat warehouse next door, where I deliver all the time.) The normal bunch of tired people trying to get somewhere. The bathrooms however real need some better cleaning. <_<

You be fine. There are taxis available if you want to get to your motel faster. 3 year sure do need there nine hours of sleep.

Just-Thinking-51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back