Take ten trips

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still have to spend 40 each way to get double points. I'm 900 pts from select plus.
I'm not so sure about that. Some of my trips were less than $40 and I still got double points. However, there were 2 that were less than $40 that didn't get double points. :blink: I've heard that others got double points for an $8 ticket. Go figure
I don't think so, the way I understand it is this: ALL trips during the time period qualify for the DOUBLE POINTS, and any trip that cost over $40 will also count towards the Take-Ten-For-10,000 points.

And that is the way my trips have posted too. I've taken 8 trips, but only 6 were over $40, but I got DOUBLE POINTS on all. And it shows that I need 4 more trips to qualify for the 10,000 bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made reservations in June for my October SAV trip & registered for the double point promo months later. I've been back only 10 days & my double points have posted for the rail portion. I'm wondering if I'll get double points for the bus portion?
cool.gif

I made reservations in June for my October SAV trip & registered for the double point promo months later. I've been back only 10 days & my double points have posted for the rail portion. I'm wondering if I'll get double points for the bus portion?
cool.gif
You should get double points for the bus portion. That indeed counts as separate segment.

I traveled the Regional from NYP to WAS, then on the CL to CHI. Both trips were on the same reservation.

When returning, I took the CL from CHI to WAS, then the Regional from WAS to NYP, both on

the same reservation. I received double points for each of the legs, but the first Regional from NYP to WAS

was not eligible for the 10 Trip Promo, however, on the return, the Regional did count for the 10 Trip Promo.

The reservations and tickets did not divide the cost of the Regional service from the CL. Do you think I should

complain to AGR?

How they divide the dollars for corridor trains connecting to long distance trains is interesting. You clearly got points, it's just that you didn't have $40 on that ticket. It might have missed that cutoff. In which case you would still have 100 points & double points. But it wouldn't have counted for the 10 trips/10K promo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the fall promotion was worth waiting for. Take ten trips by 12/14 (limit 2 per day), and you get double points on each trip plus 10,000 bonus points.
I don't know whether I will get to ten paid trips within the Take Ten promotion timeline but will at least enjoy some double miles during the promotion. Here is a glitch I am trying to solve. I travelled outbound on the EB on 10/1 and returned on 10/2 (short Seattle trip). For some unexplainable reason my 10/1 leg posted on AGR as the day before and didn't earn double miles or count towards my ten trips. Upon discovering that, I called AGR. A CSA told me that the erroneous entry would be reversed that evening and at the same time, they would post the correct 10/1 trip. It did not happen. I called the week after and a second CSA said that it should happen within a week. It did not, and still has not. Should I wait longer or call again? It's not the end of the world, but I am back down under 10,000 points after my last award redemption.

Back