Taxi from Union Terminal Cincy

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieTakestheTrain

Lead Service Attendant
Hi. Just curious if anyone can recommend a reputatable taxi company for pick-up at Union Terminal in Cincinnati after coming off the Cardinal from Chicago? It arrives (hopefully) at 3:27 a.m.

A local hotel in Cincinnati recommended Towne Taxi but when I read recent reviews online, it appears that perhaps the taxi company isn't that reliable. I realize that generally only folks with a gripe actually write a review.

I tried calling Towne Taxi and did not get an answer.

A limo/sedan service is charging over $60 for a one-way trip about 15 miles..URGH!!!

-- Jackie

p.s. Bonus points to anyone who recognizes my topic description... :)

Hi. Just curious if anyone can recommend a reputatable taxi company for pick-up at Union Terminal in Cincinnati after coming off the Cardinal from Chicago? It arrives (hopefully) at 3:27 a.m.

A local hotel in Cincinnati recommended Towne Taxi but when I read recent reviews online, it appears that perhaps the taxi company isn't that reliable. I realize that generally only folks with a gripe actually write a review.

I tried calling Towne Taxi and did not get an answer.

A limo/sedan service is charging over $60 for a one-way trip about 15 miles..URGH!!!

-- Jackie

p.s. Bonus points to anyone who recognizes my topic description... :)
Jackie - try this LINK.

Tom

Every time I've arrived in Cinci, there's a taxi waiting at the front door. One time there was a need for more than one taxi, and the driver radioed the dispatcher for however more taxies were needed. I've never paid attention to the name on the side, but Towne is one of them--metered and regulated by the city.

If there's no taxi there, the folks in the security office right next to the front entrance will call one up for you.

I was there last week and shared a ride with another passenger to the Greyhound station and then by myself to near Kenwood Mall. If I had done the whole thing alone, I probably would have paid $35, tip included, for a 13 mile trip.

For the bonus point, I'll correct your heading. The word order is Cincinnati Union Terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back