Taxi service at Spokane station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainmans daughter

OBS Chief
We will be arriving in SPK on #28 in the wee hours of the morning Oct. 5. Hubby said to me this morning, "I wonder if there will be taxis waiting at the station at that hour to take us to our hotel?". I told him I could have the answer to his question in a matter of minutes by asking my "invisible friends" in this forum.

So, does anyone know if taxis are usually waiting for the EB to arrive?

Thanks!

We will be arriving in SPK on #28 in the wee hours of the morning Oct. 5. Hubby said to me this morning, "I wonder if there will be taxis waiting at the station at that hour to take us to our hotel?". I told him I could have the answer to his question in a matter of minutes by asking my "invisible friends" in this forum.

So, does anyone know if taxis are usually waiting for the EB to arrive?

Thanks!
I can't tell you whether or not they'll be there when you arrive, but you can go to http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Spokane-WA and put in the station and your destination and see how much they'll cost, what companies are available, etc. Right under the map is the from and to box. I found this accidentally when looking to see how much a taxi is in Tacoma.

I've used the Spokane station several times over the past few years and it's been my experience that there have been cabs waiting every time. In addition, I used to live in Spokane, and had a job that required me to travel by the station at the time the EB was scheduled to arrive. In every case, there were several cabs available then as well. You should have no trouble getting a cab.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm saying this tongue in cheek, not exactly giving up to date information, but 22 years ago in 1990, I got off the westbound in the wee hours and readily took a cab to a nearby hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back