Teenager dies playing chicken with Capitol Corridor train.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ryan" data-cid="436748" data-time="1366989260"><p>A-freaking-men.<br />

<br />

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go off and play a round of fluffy bunny fun time. :D </p></blockquote>

With your baby daughter? :)
Please learn how to quote text, your current posts are very hard to read. Use the quote button just below and on the right side of the post you want to quote. Thanks.

She knows how do to it, the "wonderful" forum software does that to posts made from some (if not all) iOS devices.

If you're going to chide other posters, would you mind knowing what you're talking about, first?

She knows how do to it, the "wonderful" forum software does that to posts made from some (if not all) iOS devices.
If you're going to chide other posters, would you mind knowing what you're talking about, first?
First time I've ever heard of this. Sorry if that is true.

Yeah, that happens on my iPod :(

I used to try to fix it, but that is a big pain. I have refrained from quoting sometimes because of this.

And, I believe the_traveler has edited some of my posts to fis it also. Thank you Dave.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ryan" data-cid="436771" data-time="1366995324"><p>

She knows how do to it, the "wonderful" forum software does that to posts made from some (if not all) iOS devices.<br />

<br />

If you're going to chide other posters, would you mind knowing what you're talking about, first?</p></blockquote>

Android devices, too.

BTW, just how am I supposed to know this? The quote look exactly like a copy of the html code instead of a functional quote. It's not like I don't know anything about web software, I developed my first website in 1993 (you might find it in the Archives --- look for the Cassini Project) and continued as a programmer/software engineer/system engineer for 35 years. Everybody doesn't know everything about every bit of software/hardware let alone one quirk of one program, especially if it looks like something else., /end of reprove

I didn't say they were wrong, just hard to read and there might be a better way to do it. And I will still object when things look wrong.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ryan" data-cid="436771" data-time="1366995324"><p>She knows how do to it, the "wonderful" forum software does that to posts made from some (if not all) iOS devices.<br />

<br />

If you're going to chide other posters, would you mind knowing what you're talking about, first?</p></blockquote>

Android devices, too.
The quotes look "normal" for me on my Android phone when I quote someone while I'm using the "full" version rather than the mobile version, as I did here.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="leemell" data-cid="436847" data-time="1367021785"><p>

I didn't say they were wrong, just hard to read and there might be a better way to do it. And I will still object when things look wrong.</p></blockquote>

Yes, you you did, you told her that she was doing it wrong. There was a huge discussion on here about all the things that got hosed up with this recent software update (that did fix some other badly needed things).

You can object all you want, but there's no reason to get an attitude when someone tells you that you're the one that got it wrong.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ryan" data-cid="436771" data-time="1366995324"><p>

She knows how do to it, the "wonderful" forum software does that to posts made from some (if not all) iOS devices.<br />

<br />

Android devices, too.
The quotes look "normal" for me on my Android phone when I quote someone while I'm using the "full" version rather than the mobile version, as I did here.
The problem seems to be with the mobile skin, regardless of what browser/hardware you're using - I just got it to do it with my laptop just by switching to the mobile skin.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ryan" data-cid="436854" data-time="1367023914"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JayPea" data-cid="436849"><p><br />

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FriskyFL" data-cid="436788"><p><br />

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ryan" data-cid="436771" data-time="1366995324"><p><br />

She knows how do to it, the "wonderful" forum software does that to posts made from some (if not all) iOS devices.<br /><br />

<br /><br />

If you're going to chide other posters, would you mind knowing what you're talking about, first?</p></blockquote><br />

Android devices, too.</p></blockquote>

And this is the result when I used the mobile skin on my clunky, ancient desktop. Not that I doubted Ryan, but I just had to see for myself! :lol:

The quotes look "normal" for me on my Android phone when I quote someone while I'm using the "full" version rather than the mobile version, as I did here.<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

</p></blockquote>

The problem seems to be with the mobile skin, regardless of what browser/hardware you're using - I just got it to do it with my laptop just by switching to the mobile skin.</p></blockquote>

I have a difficult time with quotes when using my android tablet (like I am now).

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="leemell" data-cid="436847" data-time="1367021785"><p>I didn't say they were wrong, just hard to read and there might be a better way to do it. And I will still object when things look wrong.</p></blockquote>

Yes, you you did, you told her that she was doing it wrong. There was a huge discussion on here about all the things that got hosed up with this recent software update (that did fix some other badly needed things).

You can object all you want, but there's no reason to get an attitude when someone tells you that you're the one that got it wrong.
I got it wrong because of lack of information, not intention. You coped an attitude --- "If you're going to chide other posters, would you mind knowing what you're talking about, first?" I said that I was wrong.

That is all I have to say on this. I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that happens on my iPod :( I used to try to fix it, but that is a big pain. I have refrained from quoting sometimes because of this.

And, I believe the_traveler has edited some of my posts to fis it also. Thank you Dave.
Actually most of the time I'm the one who fixes them for you, including the aforementioned one, which I fixed automatically before reading this part of the conversation.
And yes Leemell, it is indeed a problem with the forum software and selected devices. One that will be fixed with the next upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't quote your post Alan so you don't have to fix it. :D . Thanks for fixing my other quoted posts.

Do the quotes get all borked if I access the site through Safari? I resist quoting on my phone because I worry about that. Or is it just the forum app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back