TEXAS EAGLE #22 TARDINESS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YOUNG FAITHFUL

Train Attendant
ANYBODY KNOW WHY #22 HAS BEEN RUNNING 4-5 HOURS LATE INTO CHICAGO? DIDN'T HEAR ABOUT RECENT DERAILMENTS ON THAT LINE. :angry: :angry:

Not just UP freight trains. The Union Pacific has 72 separate temporary speed restrictions between St. Louis and Poplar Bluff. This alone accounts for 1 to 2 hours of delay per trip.

In addition, the Eagle has been delayed by BNSF freight trains as well.

It all adds up. An hour here, an hour there, and pretty soon you're talking real time.

Wow, I guess we should be happy we were only two hours late on our trip on the Texas Eagle a couple of weeks ago...

rmadisonwi said:
It all adds up.  An hour here, an hour there, and pretty soon you're talking real time.
Oh No, Time is real? :eek: I always thought I was imagining It, and eventually it would go away :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Don't worry because the old Texas Eagle 22 is estimated to arrive at 5:36pm in St. Louis (11//3/05), which is 9 hours and 27 minutes late.

So did we just luck out on our three train trip with same day connections twice on LDT's or are weekends the time to travel with less freight traffic

I'm thinking of connecting at Fort Worth with #822 NB to Okla. City. Enduring a long bus ride to Tulsa/KCY and taking the Ann Rutledge to CHI. It's been several years since riding that train and it would be my first time EB.

are there any hills or mtns on the route that could be slowing things down?

I have been tracking this train since Saturday. The worse delay was about 2 hours which I believe was yesterday. Overall, the other delays were about 30 minutes or less. I will be riding this train from San Antonio to Chicago on December 17. I will provide a trip report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back