Texas Eagle Departure Time

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainLoverJoy

Lead Service Attendant
I just noticed departure time from L.A. changes from 10pm to 8pm starting May 27. Anyone know if this will be a permanent change?

Looks to be very temporary. May 30th is back to 10:00.
It doesn't run on Saturday the 30th..... In checking random dates in June and July, it looks to be 8pm. (Good news....I did not like 10pm, with the beds already turned down when you boarded.)
Sorry, I meant 31st.

I checked both June 5th and July 1st and both had 10:00.

I suspect this is some change to account for trackwork somewhere. I am guess the freight railroad has given Amtrak certain dates and that is why they changed some.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are leaving early on certain days from LAX. I can't find any service alerts though. But the normal departure should stay at 10:00 PM because it needs to make a connection with the Coast Starlight.

This was also done earlier in the year and IIRC it was to accommodate some track work. It may be nice for getting situated in your room without the beds being down, but it's hell on those connections from the Coast Starlight!

This was also done earlier in the year and IIRC it was to accommodate some track work. It may be nice for getting situated in your room without the beds being down, but it's hell on those connections from the Coast Starlight!
Yes, how DOES that work? The Starlight gets in early much of the time, but not always! (Just wishful thinking departure could change to 8pm regularly......)

I received the following notice for our return in a couple of weeks:

"Our records indicate that your upcoming travel on reservation XXXXXX has been impacted by one or more schedule changes with the following details:

You will depart on Amtrak train number 0422 from Tucson-Arizona on Thursday May 28 at 6:15AM and arrive in Cleburne-Texas on Friday May 29 at 1:00PM.
We apologize for any inconvenience. To speak to an Amtrak representative about alternate travel options call us at 8772319448 at your earliest convenience. Thank you for being a valued Amtrak customer.

Sincerely,
Amtrak
"

So, it looks like we'll be getting up a little earlier than we had originally planned. Luckily we are staying right across the street from the station, so it isn't going to be too big of an impact. Also, for our return we have a lower roomette. It will be interesting to compare/contrast experience. I can see how the views might not be as good, but I am betting that it should have less traffic and more access to the bathrooms. Of course when your car is the last one, how much traffic should we really expect anyway?

I received the following notice for our return in a couple of weeks:

"Our records indicate that your upcoming travel on reservation XXXXXX has been impacted by one or more schedule changes with the following details:

You will depart on Amtrak train number 0422 from Tucson-Arizona on Thursday May 28 at 6:15AM and arrive in Cleburne-Texas on Friday May 29 at 1:00PM.

We apologize for any inconvenience. To speak to an Amtrak representative about alternate travel options call us at 8772319448 at your earliest convenience. Thank you for being a valued Amtrak customer.

Sincerely,

Amtrak "

So, it looks like we'll be getting up a little earlier than we had originally planned. Luckily we are staying right across the street from the station, so it isn't going to be too big of an impact. Also, for our return we have a lower roomette. It will be interesting to compare/contrast experience. I can see how the views might not be as good, but I am betting that it should have less traffic and more access to the bathrooms. Of course when your car is the last one, how much traffic should we really expect anyway?
I love the lower level. Less foot traffic. Easy access to toilets, shower, and the door while at smoke stops to snap a pic or two. That and I like the feeling of speed when your are closer to the rails.

My upcoming TE departure from LAX is still 10PM as were my last two. When we get into the bedroom, we pretty much put it partly back into "day" mode as we (or, at least I) say up for two or three more hours.

Found this posted elsewhere...

Sunset Limited Train 2 and Texas Eagle Train 422
Operates Earlier from Los Angeles to San Antonio

Effective with Trains Departing Los Angeles May 27 and 29, 2015
and June 7, 10, 12, 14, 24 and 26, 2015

On the dates shown above, eastbound Train 2/422 will depart Los
Angeles at 8 pm, two hours earlier than the normal schedule,
and operate two hours earlier at all stations through its arrival
in San Antonio at 2:50 am. The train will depart San Antonio at
6:25 am, the normal scheduled time. This temporary schedule
change is due to track work being performed by Union Pacific Railroad.

Eastbound Train 2/422 Connections

Due to the earlier departure of Train 2/422, Coast Starlight Train 11
and Pacific Surfliner Trains 790 and 1790 will not make connections with
the Train 2/422.

-Amtrak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back