Texas Eagle schedule change

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZiaReba

Train Attendant
Hi - I am scheduled to depart MRC heading to CHI on 1/16/2017. When I booked the trip it was departing around 6:30 a.m. but awhile back I got a notice that the departure changed to 4:40 a.m. I checked the Texas Eagle schedule on Amtrak and it still shows the original departure time. Can anyone clue me in to what is going on? Thanks in advance!

Yep, the SL/TE leaves LAX at 8pm instead of 10pm sometimes during trackwork East of LAX.

Guaranteed Connections with the Coast Starlight are broken when this happens, and connecting pax are sent through the Central Valley on the San Joaquin and Thruway Bus to LAX!

On The Other Hand, it is possible that the situation will be resolved before your trip. When I took my "Railfan Madness Part I" trip in 2015 (HOS-NOL-CHI-FUL-ANA-LAX-HOS in 9 nights, 4 in hotels), I was told prior to the trip that the Sunset Limited would be leaving LA at 8 pm due to track work. However, about two weeks before the trip I got word that the schedule had reverted to normal and my departure would be 10 pm. (It was actually closer to 11:30, but that was due to equipment problems and not track work....)

Back