Texas Eagle Service Disruption (4/30)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CCC1007

Customer Service Agent
Anyone have concrete reasons for having three TE trains in service disruption in Texas? One of the 22's is not at a station, or even in a town. The other 22 and 21 are stopped at stations. I am just curious to know what happened to stop three trains in their tracks.

Bad storms in north Texas last night. Tornado west of Hawkins did considerable damage, including trees across the tracks. It's a bustitution for 21 and probably also for 22(29).

22(30) is waiting for clean-up of BNSF rock train at McNeil, TX. No word on how long or if Amtrak will decide on buses.

Two bad storm lines passed through with 60+ winds, hail, and heavy downpours. Just your typical Texas thunderstorm line, but this time about 6 hours apart. Roads were littered with debris from trees, etc. Since the lines passed through rather quickly, I haven't heard of any serious flooding like Wimberley last year.

With historic rains expected for much of central and east Texas well into Summer, this will be a bad year for the Texas Eagle, and for that matter, the Heartland Flyer.

Appears that both 22's are on the move again. The first over 20 hours late heading into STL and the second 7 hours late between Dallas and Texarkana. Not sure what happened to 21 (29), but 21(30) is nearly on time. People were complaining that Texas was in a severe drought. Now the lakes that were down as low as 4% of capacity are sending huge volumes of water over their spillways. Feast or famine in Texas.

I can't get my feeble mind around the amount of rain some of these places are seeing. 12-18 inches of rain in one storm does not compute. Where I live we have had about 7 inches of precipitation for the year-and that amount is ABOVE normal for the first four months of the average year here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back