Texas Eagle Service Disruption?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasJo

Train Attendant
I've been monitoring the Status Maps the past couple of days, and noticed that it is showing 21/22 with service disruptions the past two days. It's not showing any arrival/departure times, just showing them at the bottom of the page in red with "Experienced a Service Disruption". I am supposed to take the 21 from Chicago to Dallas on Saturday. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks
help.gif

21 and 22 were both nearly on time yesterday going through Fort Worth. I saw them both. But they show a service disruption now? Not sure what is going on. I wouldn't worry too much though.

Illinois track work. See http://www.amtrak.co...d=1237608335997 .

Sometimes when there is track work, Amtrak just shows a "Service Disruption". Sometimes they don't.

jb

Yep, I know about the detour due to the high speed rail, but this time the maps are showing both 21 and 22 in red at the bottom of the map. Even for today, it shows 21 "experienced a service disruption". In the past, it's shown 21/22 even with the detour, but now it's not. Just hoping all is ok for tomorrow! I don't want to be stranded in Chicago with NATO Summit being there and all.

Illinois track work. See http://www.amtrak.co...d=1237608335997 .

Sometimes when there is track work, Amtrak just shows a "Service Disruption". Sometimes they don't.

jb

Yep, I know about the detour due to the high speed rail, but this time the maps are showing both 21 and 22 in red at the bottom of the map. Even for today, it shows 21 "experienced a service disruption". In the past, it's shown 21/22 even with the detour, but now it's not. Just hoping all is ok for tomorrow! I don't want to be stranded in Chicago with NATO Summit being there and all.
The maps just get the information from Amtrak. Amtrak is showing a "Service Disruption". When they do that, the only recourse is to call an Amtrak agent.

jb

Usually there are status updates, but it's not happening for these dates. Call Amtrak and an agent should be able to tell you what's happening. I usually just act like I'm meeting somebody arriving on the train on the date in question. Giving the agent too much info confuses them.

I called Amtrak, and the representative said the 21 was running 2-3 hours late out of Chicago today. That's probably been the case for yesterday, and most likely through the weekend. I would say it's most likely due to the NATO Summit being there.

im on 21/421 out of CHI right now/left on time/on reroute to STL/in freight yards/slow orders/lots of.freight traffic/they say 7hrs to STL/22 is shown as a 330arrival today/Heavy Security all over CHI and in Union Station all weekend!

I called Amtrak, and the representative said the 21 was running 2-3 hours late out of Chicago today. That's probably been the case for yesterday, and most likely through the weekend. I would say it's most likely due to the NATO Summit being there.
Why would NATO Summit disrupt Texas Eagle? Which leaders are traveling by train to Chicago?
blink.gif
Agreed the Summit may cause traffic issues, road blocks, enhanced security at Union Station, but why should it disrupt a train running on rail tracks?

Why would NATO Summit disrupt Texas Eagle? Which leaders are traveling by train to Chicago?
blink.gif
Agreed the Summit may cause traffic issues, road blocks, enhanced security at Union Station, but why should it disrupt a train running on rail tracks?

It does pass through Summit Illinois on its regular route!

:help: :eek:hboy: :wacko: :giggle: :unsure: :cool:

blink.gif
I have no idea whether or not any delays are being caused by the Summit but security measures aren't just there for *leaders*.

An attack or catastrophe of any kind would be more effective if it targeted ordinary citizens.

After all, they didn't have to kill the POTUS or a *leader* of any kind to wreak long lasting havoc and bring our country to a standstill on 9/11.

Last edited by a moderator:
UP is running LOTS of freights thru Texas n track work East of Dallas is causing delays! 421 ran 2 hours late most of the way to Dallas but we left FTW only 30 mins down just now! 22 was announced as a Service Disruption today but left FTW only 30 mins down today/expect delays on this route but.the Illinois reroute is rare mileage thru Amish farm country!

blink.gif
I have no idea whether or not any delays are being caused by the Summit but security measures aren't just there for *leaders*.

An attack or catastrophe of any kind would be more effective if it targeted ordinary citizens.

After all, they didn't have to kill the POTUS or a *leader* of any kind to wreak long lasting havoc and bring our country to a standstill on 9/11.
The 21 left on time from Chicago on the 19th, but was delayed a couple of hours over time, leaving the Chicago area due to freight traffic. It ended up arriving in Dallas about 35-40 minutes late.

I rode 22 to Dallas today and we left Fort Worth on time and got into Dallas Union Station 5 minutes late (had to wait for WB TRE to clear).

After we backed out of Fort Worth and headed east, we met WB 21 coming into FtW yard. He was running about 75 minutes late into the Fort.

Call Center Agents advised at 07:00 and 11:00 that "disruption" note posted on site due to track work up north.

I was uncomfortable in Dallas because that location is closer to NATO Summit in Chicago than here in Fort Worth,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back