Texas Eagle to Chicago on Time information

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gehrig

I am traveling to Chicago next week on the Texas Eagle. Arrival time in Chicago is 2:25. I was hoping to attend the Cubs game at Wrigley that night. Already have the tickets. Is this a reasonable assumption or is this train as late as as often as it appears. It is 8 hours late as of this writing today. Thanks for any comments from savvy rail riders.

Late times for some trains can be very difficult to predict because it varies mostly on the amount of traffic there is on a line. The texas eagle runs over up tracks for most of its journey, so you should average about 4 hours late. Now 8 hours is rare for most trains, except the sunset. So it is not such a bad idea if they offer refundable tickets for the game(im not sure hom much standard ones cost) to take them. Expect to get to chicago around 5pm. If your really late then you will just have to miss the game. :( Oh and dont forget even habitually late trains can be on time once in a blue moon. A few months ago the sunset was early into LAX.

Lately the Texas Eagle has had a better OTP than a few months ago. I recently rode and arrived to both destinations early. A few years ago I was 10 hours late on the Texas Eagle, so they have obviously improved. But, you never know what can happen. I think you will be okay, and worrying about it won't do you any good. If I were taking your trip I would be very excited about thet Cubs game. :)

Well I just rode the Eagle yesterday from Fort Worth to Austin and it was an hour late because they had to replace a coach because of a bad wheel. Didn't loose much time after that, just stopped for two freights for about 10 mins. Just depends on whether UP wants to screw Amtrak that day or not. I'm returning from San Antonio back to Fort Worth tomorrow.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back