Texas Eagle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a report in my Heartland Flyer newsgroup that diner crews will now be turned at Austin instead of FTW allowing a dinner south of FTW and lunch before FTW going north beginning June 1. I have not confirmed it, but if true, a thank you to the Texas and Oklahoma rail groups who have lobbyed hard to get service improved in our area.

It's pretty much a done deal, I've read it from several sources on line, so you can count on it happening.

Okay well I'm going to head over to the station at Austin this week and find out if this process has started or when it will begin.

From what I understand the extended service starts with# 21 of June 1 which will turn to #22 of June 3. Glad to see this happen, but my only small complaint is that they are turning the diner crew in Austin, instead of San Antonio like the old days. I'm sure it has to do with the clock and paid crew hours, etc., but it would still be nice to have a "real" breakfast out of SAS (home) again!

My next trip north is June 6 and I am looking forward to it. Thanks go out to TXARP and NARP as well as Amtrak on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back