The bosses are making the rounds

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I've offended anyone. I hadn't realized these guys - who are usually being put down here as being incapable of doing even the simplest things right - are such superstars and heroes to some of you. But the truth is I would not recognize any one of them in a photograph or in person. Call me ignorant. Perhaps if they appeared a little more often in the pages of People magazine? Or maybe the suggestion that one of them appear on a "reality tv" show (see above) is a good idea.

As for my comment about employees not being able to read - I was echoing something I did in fact read on the forums here, and I too found it ridiculous and insulting. Forgive my sarcasm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I've offended anyone. I hadn't realized these guys - who are usually being put down here as being incapable of doing even the simplest things right - are such superstars and heroes to some of you. But the truth is I would not recognize any one of them in a photograph or in person. Call me ignorant. Perhaps if they appeared a little more often in the pages of People magazine? Or maybe the suggestion that one of them appear on a "reality tv" show (see above) is a good idea.
The point was whether or not the higher-ups could blend in with passengers and not have crewmembers recognize them. I'm sure 75% of Amtrak's passengers would never recognize Boardman if he sat next to them, and 99% would never recognize any of the other Amtrak executives. But things are completely different when it comes to employees, who do know who these folks are.

If you want to know what Boardman looks like, look on the first page of the timetable. Other than that, they have way too much real-life stuff to do to waste time doing TV shows and popular entertainment articles (People magazine? Seriously?) to keep you entertained.

brian once relieved an entire dining crew MID ROUTE mid shift closing down the diner cause they did something he didn't like and had a replacement crew flown in. This guy does not mess around. Amtrak needs more of him to go around and I bet allot of bad apples would go elsewhere.
Guess he taught them a lesson.

brian once relieved an entire dining crew MID ROUTE mid shift closing down the diner cause they did something he didn't like and had a replacement crew flown in. This guy does not mess around. Amtrak needs more of him to go around and I bet allot of bad apples would go elsewhere.
Guess he taught them a lesson.
Boy, I've some diner crews when I wish he'd been there and done it. Wonder what the union said, though.

You have to wonder about the intelligence of some staff. On my recent EB trip west to Portland an announcement was made that someone had been smoking a rest room and that would not be tolerated. Federal regulation, blah blah blah and if caught the offender would be put off at the next stop.

Within only 15 minutes of that announcement our SCA, Courtney, was enjoying a smoke via the door window of the car's vestibule as the train was moving.

You have to wonder about the intelligence of some staff. On my recent EB trip west to Portland an announcement was made that someone had been smoking a rest room and that would not be tolerated. Federal regulation, blah blah blah and if caught the offender would be put off at the next stop.

Within only 15 minutes of that announcement our SCA, Courtney, was enjoying a smoke via the door window of the car's vestibule as the train was moving.
If you haven't, call or write customer service and let them know.

What train was this? And how much delay was there to the train?

They were supposedly at the Siemens factory today. Said to be moving to Sacramento tonight, then couple up to train 14 for the run up to Seattle.

Just remember these poor folks are being micromanaged by their 435 bosses in the US Congress. You gotta wonder how anybody in their right mind can work for that many supervisors. If you aren't insane to begin with, you would become so.

My SCA on my last trip told me that Boardman and his wife traveled on the Meteor in December in bedroom B. I was also told that Brian Gallagher was on the same train in a sleeper.
Boardrman? I must be way behind times. My experience with Amtrak brass goes back to the late George Warrington, who became (for a time) director of New Jersey Transit after his time with Amtrak.

Just remember these poor folks are being micromanaged by their 435 bosses in the US Congress. You gotta wonder how anybody in their right mind can work for that many supervisors. If you aren't insane to begin with, you would become so.
Catch-22

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane, he had to fly them. If he flew them, he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to, he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.

Alright, y'all. Don't any of youse guys watch Undercover Boss? The boss always wears a disguise to keep from being recognized. Most employees have an idea what their big boss looks like.

Now, having Beech Grove tied to the back is hardly inconspicuous. But, I'll bet if the number two guy had a disguise and rode the rails, he'd get away with it. Unfortunately, the popularity of the show makes it hard for employees to believe any back story offered by producers to explain the camera crews...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back