The Crescent to NYC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, my family and I are set to roll out of N.O. on the morning of the 21st on our way to NYC! Alot of you guys were so helpful before, I was hoping I could pick your brain once more.

Just for curiosities sake, how is the Crescent set up? Obviously the Engine first(duuuh!!)... then what? Baggage car, sleepers, general seating, lounge....etc???? I guess my question is, how are the cars set up behind the engine?

We are in Car 2010, Roomettes 001 and 002. Are these rooms near a noisy area? Will people be walking outside our rooms at all hours of the night and day???

We are really excited about this trip! All you gents, and ladies were really kind to help me with questions back in April...figured I'd bore you with some more questions from the "newbie"!!

Thanks for all your help!

S I T

We are in Car 2010, Roomettes 001 and 002. Are these rooms near a noisy area? Will people be walking outside our rooms at all hours of the night and day???
On a single level train there is no way that there won't be people walking past your rooms, since that is the only way to pass from one car to the next.

Your rooms are located almost in the middle of the car and you car should be the closest sleeper one to the dining car. If you want to get a bit of a feel for the lay of the land as it were, check out the Viewliner sleeper layout in this diagram from Friends of Amtrak.

Hey guys thanks for all the replys. My concern was people from the coaches walking past us at all hours of the day and night. From what I can tell on the set-up that probably wont happen!

SIT

Hey guys thanks for all the replys. My concern was people from the coaches walking past us at all hours of the day and night. From what I can tell on the set-up that probably wont happen!
SIT
No, that should not be happening. Under normal circumstances, coach passengers are not allowed into the sleepers. The attendant should stop that, and a good dining car crew will also stop them.

There are a few exceptions, like on the Empire Builder when they add the extra coach that runs from Minn/St. Paul to Chicago, as that is attached at the end of the train behind the Portland sleeper. So those folks are allowed to walk through the Portland sleeper, as otherwise they would be cut off from the rest of the train and any food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back