The loophole tour

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upstate

Lead Service Attendant
Just something I was playing with. I will probably never get around to doing it.

NOL - Slidell: on a paid ticket

Slidell - WAS - CHI - PDX - Redding, CA on 2 zone AGR ticket. You get kicked out of a sleeper at 2:21 AM so that kind of sucks. Bring booze so to get to bed early.

Redding, CA - Sacramento - Reno: on a paid ticket. Maybe take a break from the trains and see Sacramento or San Francisco

Reno - Galesburg - ABQ on a 1 zone AGR Once again take a couple of days off to see the area

ABQ - LAX - Schriever, LA on a 1 zone AGR

Schriever - NOL on a paid ticket

12 days, a 2 zone ticket, two 1 zone ticket, 2 stopovers, 7 long distance trains with 6 being the majority of their route. And it gets you back where you started

Just something I was playing with. I will probably never get around to doing it.

Slidell - WAS - CHI - PDX - Redding, CA on 2 zone AGR ticket. You get kicked out of a sleeper at 2:21 AM so that kind of sucks. Bring booze so to get to bed early.

Redding, CA - Sacramento - Reno: on a paid ticket. Maybe take a break from the trains and see Sacramento or San Francisco

Reno - Galesburg - ABQ on a 1 zone AGR Once again take a couple of days off to see the area

12 days, a 2 zone ticket, two 1 zone ticket, 2 stopovers, 7 long distance trains with 6 being the majority of their route. And it gets you back where you started
How many total points and how many dollars for this itinerary?

How many total points and how many dollars for this itinerary?
That would come out to be 20K plus 15K if you choose a roomette. Thats a pretty good deal. Pretty cheap for a 2 week rondevue on the rails. I've been trying to put together a loophole itinerary for a big trip for next year maybe. However, I want to visit small town America along with some national parks. So maybe Glenwood Springs, Truckee, Yosemite, Glacier National Park, Grand Canyon, etc.

Back