The new menus are up on the Amtrak web site

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the girl's across from me ordered the 3-piece baked chicken and was surprised to find out that it was actually fried chicken.

That fried chicken product actually is very good and it's an easy to do menu item for the chefs to prepare. It can be baked (reheated) from frozen and ready to serve in 30 minutes. I tried it at the test kitchen in Delaware earlier this year. I grew up on southern fried cooking and chicken was my grandma's specialty. This chicken is pretty good. The batter was crispy and the chicken itself was tender and juicy. It's very likely you'll see this chicken find its way onto some menus on other trains too.

And if I were a RR cop who happened to be in the area, I would arrest you for doing so.

OH YEAH AT LEAST IN JAIL I GET FED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF THE THE TRAIN IS STRANDED AT A STATION I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE. ITS STUPID TO BE STUCK AT A STATION PLATFORM FOR HOURS AND HOURS AND NOT BE ALLOWED TO GET OFF.i was under the impression that those who had there own food didn't want to pay for it. i think amtrak should have offered the food for free. they didn't they took advantage of the situration and look what happened. the coach paxs rioted and were about to attack the crew.
I think now would be a good time to take a deep breath and relax. You get yourself so worked up over something that didn't involve you at all. Who knows what you would do, but there are always people who talk a good game, but don't carry through when confronted with the real thing. Sleeping car passengers have paid for their food and coach people have not - that is the reality of the situation. It seems that Amtrak did provide food for the coach passengers and I don't see anything that states the coach passengers were going to attack the crew. Now, take another deep breath!

I think now would be a good time to take a deep breath and relax. You get yourself so worked up over something that didn't involve you at all. Who knows what you would do, but there are always people who talk a good game, but don't carry through when confronted with the real thing. Sleeping car passengers have paid for their food and coach people have not - that is the reality of the situation. It seems that Amtrak did provide food for the coach passengers and I don't see anything that states the coach passengers were going to attack the crew. Now, take another deep breath!
Well said that man.

Kiss Alive, in the 20 years I have ridden Amtrak, I have covered a lot of trips, I have gone a lot of places, and I've been in bad screw ups from faults of Amtrak and others. In those 20 years, I have never been aboard an Amtrak train and not had the company make good. They do what they can with their resources to make sure I come back. Huge vouchers. Free food. A stay at the bloody Drake Hotel in Chicago, for crying out loud!

If you complain about how Amtrak ****s up and screws up and does less for you than you feel is appropriate, whooboy. Check out any other transportation provider. Seriously.

I have never been stranded with a missed connection without a hotel room provided or an alternate transportation given. Never.

I'm not saying that Amtrak is great with this stuff. Merely the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back