The old Supply & Demand

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKenFL

Train Attendant
Recently booked a 3 segment trip from DLD-WAS,WAS-CHI,CHI-EMY

Note the cost of the roomette. (2 of us)

Segment. Trip Length(hrs). Meals Price

DLD-WAS. 16. 4 $537

WAS-CHI. 17. 4. $158

CHI-EMY. 52. 12. $301

An economics lesson on Supply & Demand. :)

Rooms are cheaper on the western trains due to the super liners having more space.

There's a serious shortage of supply of Viewliners (single-level sleeper cars). We'll see whether the prices come down when the new Viewliners go into service.

I'm a little worried that the prices *won't* come down; demand is also higher on the Viewliner-equipped routes.

There's a serious shortage of supply of Viewliners (single-level sleeper cars). We'll see whether the prices come down when the new Viewliners go into service.

I'm a little worried that the prices *won't* come down; demand is also higher on the Viewliner-equipped routes.
Prices are too low as is.

Prices are too low as is.
What makes you think that you can do a better job than the folks that work there with less information?
Where would you set prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back