The Three Rivers train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigval109

OBS Chief
:unsure: I was looking for another way to get to Chi so as not to miss my connection with the CZ. I remember riding the ThreeRivers Train and arriving very early in the morning. Thinking this will help me make my connection and give me a chance to see the great horseshoe curve. But I could not find it. What happened?

:unsure: I was looking for another way to get to Chi so as not to miss my connection with the CZ. I remember riding the ThreeRivers Train and arriving very early in the morning. Thinking this will help me make my connection and give me a chance to see the great horseshoe curve. But I could not find it. What happened?
The Three Rivers was discontinued some time ago, about 2 years if I remember right.

You are correct. The route was discontinued in March, 2005.

I happened to take one last ride on the route, riding the third-last eastbound and second-last westbound train, Chicago-Harrisburg-Chicago.

The what would be the cancellation of Amtrak hauling freight. When they stopped hauling freight on the back of the train, it was decided that neither the Pennsylvanian nor the 3R's had enough ridership to continue running those trains to Chicago.

The 3R's was cancelled outright, and the Pennsy was cut back to Pittsburgh. So the Pennsy only runs between NY and Pittsburgh now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back