Things to do in Meridian

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coxm50

Train Attendant
I'm going from New Orleans to Meridian and back this Saturday and was wondering about any good places to have lunch and things to do in Meridian during the layover. Thanks in advance

:)

anybody???

I have just been through it, never stayed over. May I assume you have googled it?
:) Sounds like not too many folks have spent any time in Mississippi and or Meridian!In Texas we say "Thank God for Mississippi" since they are on the bottom in so many things that keep us from

being there!!! :lol: Google or any travel sight will probably help out!I'm sure the food is good,

there are some pretty places in Mississippi,along the river is the best for sure!Bon Voyage!

"BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :) :) :)

lol not to much in google, at least near the station, but we'll see when we get there
The Mayor of Meridian is a passionate Amtrak supporter and has built a multi-million dollar intermodal center around the historic union station. It has revitalized the historic downtown area. You should find some nice restaurants and shopping there. In addition Meridian has bus service to the nearby mall. Check out the official web site.

http://www.meridianms.org/com_downtown.html

lol not to much in google, at least near the station, but we'll see when we get there
I know there is as a Jimmie Rodgers - "The Singing Brakeman" - museum that is close to the station and there are restaurants within a few block walk in the down town area.

Weidmann's Restaurant, shown on the map link I posted received a great rating from a number of people. Might be a good place to have lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back