Three adults in a bedroom

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darien-l

OBS Chief
Not too long ago, AGR would not book three adults into a bedroom (http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/31191-three-in-a-bedroom/); the most they would do is two adults and a child. I've experienced it personally, so I can attest to it. Today I decided to give it another try, and to my great surprise, the agent said "no problem, I just have to advise you about the size of the room and the size of the beds, so you know what to expect." When I questioned him further, he said that apparently a memo came down from Amtrak some time ago to the effect that although the recommended occupancy of a bedroom is two adults, the maximum occupancy is three adults. AGR was directed to book three adults into a bedroom if, after hearing the advisory script about the size of accomodations, the customer still wants to do it.

Wow - good news - I have a large family, and one daughter is 16. Now we have more options with her. That helps.

Thanks!

Mike

Back