Three Rivers on time??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sutton

Hi All,

In three weeks, I'll board Three Rivers in NYC for Chicago. I'm looking forward to the trip! Has anyone traveled it lately or know it's on time performance into chicago in the last couple weeks?

Thanks!

You can check on amtrak.com for the past five days or so. Looks like over the past few days it has been as much as 28 minutes early and a little over two hours late. There is a lot of padding at that end of the schedule. I have left home in Ohio over two hours late and been on time into CHI. I have ridden it several times over the past month, and it usually isn't much over an hour and a half late, which due to the early arrival time (7:45 a.m.) isn't too bad of a thing. No recent episodes of extremely late arrivals like on the Sunset Limited or Coast Starlight. Be sure to look out the right side (facing front) around Gary, IN to see all of the neat old steel plants and then the lakefront. Conductors and attendants on this train are always great. Have a good trip!

I rode it back in January from Youngstown to CHI and then to Grand Forks, ND. It was 4 hours late. It didn't leave NYC for a while. I guess it was becuase of winter weather and late turn arounds. I did not feel safe waiting there, so I waited in the police station untill 3:30 am. Turns out there was a security gaurd there at the station. Normally theres a restaurant open until midnight at the train stations but, it was sunday so it was closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back