Ticket Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hello

Lead Service Attendant
We will be flying into BOS a few days before our cruise ... and then taking Amtrak back to the West Coast. I know that everyone says not to pick up your tickets until the day of travel, but I worry that we may arrive at BOS Union Station shortly before the trains departure ... if the ship is late getting into port. We had thought to pick up the tickets in BOS, so that we would not need to worry about timing ... any comments/suggestions?

Thank you.

arrive at BOS Union Station shortly before the trains departure
I hope you don't arrive at BOS Union Station shortly before departure! Bucause the train will depart out of South Station! :lol: And as Ryan said, the QT does not take long at all! The only thing is if you are checking any baggage, I think there is a 30 minute cutoff! :(

And if you're departing in a sleeper, you are also entitled to use the Club Acela, and they can print the ticketss for you there too!

Sorry, I thought the South Station was their Union Station!! We do know that the South station is a relatively short ride from the cruise dock ... so we will be hopping into a cab ... just worried about timing. We are planning on doing the HOHO trolley when we arrive in Boston, and one of their stops is by the South station ... so thought we would get the tickets then. We are in sleepers the entire trip, so having the Club Acela print the tickets would be great ... but again, timing.

Thank you for the info!

I have done a few cruises, and I know they usually give passengers with "tight" flight connections, priority departing. I am sure they would give equal priority to those with "tight" train connections.

Thank youTony, I'm laughing to my self as I write this ... I'm the person at the airport 3 hours early for her flight ... so tight connections to me ... are laughable to others. We will have priority disembarkation on our cruise, but I always worry about the ship arriving later than scheduled ... always want to have all my bases covered!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back