Ticket Stub Question-Train 67

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-1 3235

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
While reviewing plans for a trip on the Adirondack this fall, I was trying to remember if I've travelled this route on Amtrak. (I have on a PV) I realized my trip from Montreal to Albany had to be on train 68, so I dug out my old ticket stubs...sure enough, train 68 on 10Jul97.

What caught my eye was the stub from the first segment of my trip, from Boston to Philadelphia. Myself and two friends travelled on 67 with two adjoining bedrooms. I have only my stub, and it shows:

Space/Car

F E/6700

This was my first trip on Amtrak; when recalling the trip, I've always figured it was a Viewliner.....was I actually in a Heritage sleeper? You'll have to cut me a bit of slack, it was nighttime, and I was a novice :unsure: . The stub also shows the Carrier as A3, not 2V used presently.

So, is it likely I slept on an old heritage car in June of '97?

TIA

Mike

Based on that room designation, it might have been a heritage sleeper. I only remember Viewliners on #67, but I didn't move to RI full time in 2000, so it may have been.

As far as A3 - I only knew Amtrak as A3. When someone here (I think) mentioned Amtrak as 2V, I believe I at first corrected them before I was corrected.

Just to clear the air; the Viewliners only have three bedrooms~ A,B and H. The heritage cars were 10/6 (10 roomettes and 6 bedrooms) with E & F being the center of the car rooms. The last time I rode was well after the Viewliners had come out (1995 or there abouts) and it still had a flat spotted, square wheeled Heritage car coupled to two express cars. The baggage and express service was handled mostly on this night owl and some stops were longer because of the volume of baggage and express handled. I think it still is the only train that handles baggage on the NEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back