Time to say hello

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParrotRob

Service Attendant
Hey y'all. Sort of new to the site and forums, although I've been browsing and posting here and there for the past couple of weeks. Been a fan of trains ever since I was a kid - my grandfather worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad in Baltimore for about ever, then later Conrail. I've been an off-and-on model railroader (N-scale) as well.

I have two homes, one in Frederick County, Maryland and one in Birmingham, Alabama and use the Crescent fairly often to get back and forth between them. I work in Washington, DC and use the Capitol Limited to commute home sometimes from Washington to HFY. It's a few bucks more than the MARC train, but it gets me the AGR points. Other routes I've ridden include the old Broadway Limited, the Capitol Limited all the way to Chicago, the Pennssylvanian from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh, and countless NEC regionals and Acelas, as well as lots of the old Metroliners from WAS or BWI to NYP. I also ride the local MARC's a lot in Maryland.

Nice to meet y'all.

Hey y'all. Sort of new to the site and forums, although I've been browsing and posting here and there for the past couple of weeks. Been a fan of trains ever since I was a kid - my grandfather worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad in Baltimore for about ever, then later Conrail. I've been an off-and-on model railroader (N-scale) as well.

I have two homes, one in Frederick County, Maryland and one in Birmingham, Alabama and use the Crescent fairly often to get back and forth between them. I work in Washington, DC and use the Capitol Limited to commute home sometimes from Washington to HFY. It's a few bucks more than the MARC train, but it gets me the AGR points. Other routes I've ridden include the old Broadway Limited, the Capitol Limited all the way to Chicago, the Pennssylvanian from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh, and countless NEC regionals and Acelas, as well as lots of the old Metroliners from WAS or BWI to NYP. I also ride the local MARC's a lot in Maryland.

Nice to meet y'all.
Welcome Rob. It seems we have a lot in common. I have two homes, one in Harpers Ferry, and the other in South Georgia. I use the Crescent or the Silver Meteor to travel back and forth to DC and then catch the Capitol Limited to Harpers Ferry. Maybe our paths will cross some day on our travels on the Crescent. Send me a PM (Private Message) the next time you are traveling that route. Maybe we can meet on the train.

Thanks DoveCote. How do you get to South Georgia from the Crescent, if you don't mind my asking? That's a long way from Atlanta, Gainesville or Toccoa.

On a side note, know any good spotting areas in or around HFY?

Thanks DoveCote. How do you get to South Georgia from the Crescent, if you don't mind my asking? That's a long way from Atlanta, Gainesville or Toccoa.

On a side note, know any good spotting areas in or around HFY?
Thomasville is around 200 miles to Atlanta. Driving is the only way to get to the station. There is a Greyhound station in town but the bus departure/arrival time get me into Atlanta too late for the northbound departure. When driving to Atlanta, I normally park my car at a relatives house and get a ride to the station. I miss the days when I was able to hop on the Sunset Limited in Tallahassee 40 miles away.

I will send you a PM in regard to HFY spotting areas.

Welcome aboard, Rob!
hi.gif

Welcome Rob, I will be near Frederick Maryland Memorial Day weekend. My nephew is getting married.

Back