Time Zone

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TraneMan

Conductor
I'm planning on our big trip to Whitefish (WFH) this summer, and looking at the tickets price. The question I have is the time zone.

For an example, We leave Winona (WIN) at 7:50pm CST, and arrive at WFH at 8:56pm. Is that 8:56 our CST or MST?

I've not been out there in the summer. Do you find June or July is better to be in Whitefish?

Also, how or where do you guys get this "day to train" that are found on some of the member's post?

Whitefish is in mountain time zone. The time zones noted on the schedules by a ET,CT,MT,or PT on the right side of the column that the station stops are in. Have a great trip!

GregL

I'm planning on our big trip to Whitefish (WFH) this summer, and looking at the tickets price. The question I have is the time zone.

For an example, We leave Winona (WIN) at 7:50pm CST, and arrive at WFH at 8:56pm. Is that 8:56 our CST or MST?

I've not been out there in the summer. Do you find June or July is better to be in Whitefish?

Also, how or where do you guys get this "day to train" that are found on some of the member's post?

The time in the timetable is always local time IE the time zone is the stations time zone.

Whitefish is a great little town. If you are going to Glacier National Park you might want to check out their website. as the "Going To The Sun" road across the park might not be open yet from the snows if you go before mid-June. It is a great trip to drive or ride in one of the "Red" restored touring cars. Enjoy your trip and stay in Whitefish.

Thanks guys. I figured it would be the local station time zone.

Good point about snow at the park. We are planning on going there one of the days, and want to do the horse back riding!

Am still wondering how or where you get the "Train to day" of trip on your the bottom of your post.

Am still wondering how or where you get the "Train to day" of trip on your the bottom of your post.

Make yours here. You customize yourself and then copy it into your signature.

I'm going to Glacier the end of July and cannot wait. Have a great trip.

Last edited by a moderator:

Make yours here. You customize yourself and then copy it into your signature.

I'm going to Glacier the end of July and cannot wait. Have a great trip.
Thanks!

I had to set it up even tho I don't have a date set yet.

Pssst... JB64 & Traneman - Thanks for the link! I've been wanting to put that counter in my signature!

As others have mentioned, the times listed are the local times for the particular station. And, in the summer, it would be CDT and MDT, rather than CST and MST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back