Today's LSL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzKillington

Service Attendant
Down about 9 hours... not due into Buffalo until almost 5pm. I know it left Chicago late... was it for western connections? But its lost an additional 4+ hours on route...

It may be a weather issue as well. I heard that Erie, PA received nearly two feet of snow yesterday.

Actually, I looked closer and it lost 4.5 hours before it left Chicago and then 5 more hours between Chicago and South Bend! Yikes, I don't think there are any huge snowstorms in that region.

Amtrak notified ticket-holders that the eastbound Lakeshore Limited, scheduled to depart Syracuse at 11:25 a.m. for Albany, would be about eight hours late. It would not depart until 7:14 p.m.

Amtrak spokesman Cliff Cole said the train might be later. It might not arrive in Syracuse until between 8:15 and 8:45 p.m.

“We’ve had multiple mechanical problems with the train. As a result, it is unfortunately running that far behind schedule,” said Cole. “It’s an unusually long delay.”

The train, which had mechanical problems in Chicago, had approximately 320 passengers on-board, Cole said.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/201...train_to_s.html

I like some of the comments and the responses.

You can certainly tell that the US Government controls Amtrak, another quality run and customer sensitive company!
I agree. Good comment.
ahh, spoken like someone who doesn't ride the train...keep driving your SUV buddy, leave the trains for us common folk.
Amtrak has never given me any problems, god forbid a train breaks for once, OMG!
:)

Damn Government allowing the weather to get bad and letting/causing equiupment breakdowns in below zero weather!

Next thing you know theyll want to take over Social Security and Medicare and the VA and the Armed Forces!

All they should do is send me MY check and to hell with everyone else! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Government allowing the weather to get bad and letting/causing equiupment breakdowns in below zero weather!Next thing you know theyll want to take over Social Security and Medicare and the VA and the Armed Forces!

You think it is bad now, wait until Nancy Pelosi is President and HarryReid is VP!!

The government will contol everything and we will be 35 Trillion in debt!!

Damn Government allowing the weather to get bad and letting/causing equiupment breakdowns in below zero weather!Next thing you know theyll want to take over Social Security and Medicare and the VA and the Armed Forces!

Ouch

Aloha Jim

That is speaking your mind :) . think it is time to go back to the principle of Government? Do what "The People" Want.

Actually, I looked closer and it lost 4.5 hours before it left Chicago and then 5 more hours between Chicago and South Bend! Yikes, I don't think there are any huge snowstorms in that region.
The area between Michigan City and South Bend, as well as southwest Michigan, were pounded by "lake effect" snow over the past few days.

You think it is bad now, wait until Nancy Pelosi is President and HarryReid is VP!!

The government will contol everything and we will be 35 Trillion in debt!!
Oh no, whatsoever should we do?
flail.gif
flail.gif
flail.gif

rolleyes.gif

I really don't want to politicize this Board... but I just can't help myself this time. :cool:

Jim's post was priceless, and I wish I had thought of saying it. WE (myself included) want what WE want. (especially MY check)

Then, when things turn South, we blame the government for not taking better care of Amtrak. Keep Government out of my life, unless it involves something that I'm particularly interested in. Then call in the feds. ;)

In all fairness, remember that the current administration inherited the weather problems from the previous administration.
What's this kind of humor called? Is it Sarcasm? Is it irony? Is it looking at things from the "far side?"

Whatever it is, I LOVE it. These last few posts have me laughing so hard that I want to meet everybody and just have a "can you top this" party. :lol:

I thought that she was being serious!
Whichever side of the track she was standing on, it really summed it all up. Each side blames the other. And her statement made me laugh out loud.

Since we're all in this "kettle of fish" together, (this is a Board about Amtrak) can't we all work together to make Amtrak better, without blaming the other guy?

We took the California Zephyr from EMY to CHI last year, on a trip where the train was using a CCC as the Diner. I didn't think it was a particularly good substitute, but what the heck... if that's all Amtrak had to come up with, the trip was still fun, even though the dining crew was a little grumpy. :cool:

My wife and I are taking the LSL from ROC to NYP (and back) next month. If we're eight hours late arriving at either end, we'll still have fun, and won't try and blame any administration.

I always leave a full day of padding at each end of our trips. If we're late, we're late. It's no big deal.

Thayer got it right. Political sarcasm is my specialty.
I don't care who you are. That there's funny!
Keep singing, sweetheart. I'm 70 years old and can use all the humor I can get at home, work, or on the train. I had my shot at political activism during the 60's, and I'm all done with that now. Now I want train travel, doing the things I couldn't afford to do before, and just plain fun stuff. And, as my wife will attest, I really appreciate sarcasm. :lol: Why, you might ask... I'll tell you... I don't know. :D

In all fairness, remember that the current administration inherited the weather problems from the previous administration.
What's this kind of humor called? Is it Sarcasm? Is it irony? Is it looking at things from the "far side?"

Whatever it is, I LOVE it. These last few posts have me laughing so hard that I want to meet everybody and just have a "can you top this" party. :lol:
Then join us at the the next AU gathering :lol:

Then join us at the the next AU gathering :lol:
I'm thinkin' about it. But I have a challenge there. I only get one week of vacation a year during the summer (Jun, Jul, Aug) months.

2010 is already booked, and I'm in process of planning 2011 (I should live so long :eek: ) from ROC to CHI to LAX to SEA to CHI to ROC. I have a cousin in Fort Madison Iowa who I love, and I haven't seen her in 40 years. We've both agreed that it's about time.

Then there's an agreement that I made with myself when I was only 15 years old. When I passed through Raton NM, I told myself I'd be back there some day. No one person in particular --- but there was something about that city that grabbed me.

Sept 25, 2011 to October 2011 is the trip.

So when is the AU gathering? Can I bring my wife? Do I have to pack a suit? If a steam engine pulls the train, I'll be there for sure.

The Gathering is usually in mid October for a weekend (Friday to Sunday) - but you don't have to go to every day if you don't want. (In LA, I only went mainly on Saturday, but stayed for Sunday morning too.) And sure, the more the merrier! :D

If Boston could survive with 40+ of us, wherever it will be in the midwest can too! (But Boston will never be the same! :wacko: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back