Tours trips through Canada

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

redbug119

Train Attendant
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but does anyone know of a good company that runs train trips/tours through Canada? I would like a little more than just the train, altho the train is a big part of it for me. Looking for next summer sometime. Thanks.

There are several. A good starting point, depending on your budget, would be VIA Rail themselves: VIA Rail Canada: Enjoy great discounts on our best fares, today only!. There are also a number of other packagers that feature VIA trips. Google "VIA Rail vacations" to find a whole list. If you have the money and want luxury, consider Rocky Mountaineer - also sold directly and through other travel sites. As with packages offered by airlines, few of these will be less expensive that something you can put together yourself, but I understand the attraction and convenience.

redbug119

Train Attendant
There are several. A good starting point, depending on your budget, would be VIA Rail themselves: VIA Rail Canada: Enjoy great discounts on our best fares, today only!. There are also a number of other packagers that feature VIA trips. Google "VIA Rail vacations" to find a whole list. If you have the money and want luxury, consider Rocky Mountaineer - also sold directly and through other travel sites. As with packages offered by airlines, few of these will be less expensive that something you can put together yourself, but I understand the attraction and convenience.
Thanks for your reply. I usually put together my own trips, so Ill check out the arranged ones and see what I can do myself once Ive decided where I'd really like to go.

redbug119

Train Attendant
I got a brochure in the mail a month or so ago for a trip I’d like to take. Site called uncommonjourneys.com. Give it a look, but be prepared for sticker shock.
Thanks, I'll check it out. I've already checks some tour type trips and have been through the sticker shock!!