tpa-fll

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tourlink99

Train Attendant
I was supposed to leave tpa on May 5 for a short visit with my son. I had to work the morning of the 4th and was hoping the Star would be late into Tampa so I could leave early. The other problem is I have rail sale tickets which I have been told are non transferable. I took a chance and called the station and learned 91 was about 6 hours late and that days passengers would be bused to Winter Haven. I took a chance, went to the station and the agent changed my rail sale ticket on the spot (no charge)and off I went! The bus ride was non eventful and had a short wait for 91. It arrived about 3:30 in Winter Haven. The consist was 1 pony(extremely dirty), baggage, dorm lounge, 3 sleepers, diner, lounge and 4 coach's. My coach must have just been refurbished. The carpeting still had that thick bounce to it and the seats still seemed new. Not to mention outlets at every seat! The diner also seemed newly refurbished. What a difference compared to the unrefurbished ones. I sat with 3 very friendly ladies for diner , the service was excellent and I have to say my rack of lamb was outstanding. A truly outstanding 3 1/2 hours onboard.

The return was non eventful, though there were 2 ponies, and one less coach. I was in the last car and had a clear view out the rear vestible. The Iceing on the cake!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back