Train 21 of 6/28/13

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I take it the #21 shenanigans are what killed #2 today?
#1/#421 Arrived Late into LAX (but to the Benefit of the Pax/No 4:30AN Arrival!)but made its Connection with #14 so I would suspect that a late Arriving #11 caused a Delay in #2 Departing LAX! There is ls also a possibility that the recent spate of Engine problems resulted in juggling of Engines by the Operating Crews since Protect Engines are currently Few and Far between!

Last edited by a moderator:
We made it into LAX right at 8AM, was a perfect arrival time. Everyone had time to get ready for the day and have some coffee before arrival.

Walked over to Phillipe's for the first time to have breakfast, what a neat place. Going to have to try a sandwich on the way back in a couple weeks.

The whole rest of the trip everyone in our car was complaining to Lisa about how bad Ernesto was. Lisa said she had been with Amtrak 26 years and claimed the SCA job isn't that hard if you just stay on top of things. I have never seen someone clean the bathrooms so frequently. I imagine Amtrak is going to get a lot of phone calls and letters about this trip.

So I take it the #21 shenanigans are what killed #2 today?
#1/#421 Arrived Late into LAX (but to the Benefit of the Pax/No 4:30AN Arrival!)but made its Connection with #14 so I would suspect that a late Arriving #11 caused a Delay in #2 Departing LAX! There is ls also a possibility that the recent spate of Engine problems resulted in juggling of Engines by the Operating Crews since Protect Engines are currently Few and Far between!
It was fairly on time eastbound through DRT, then mysteriously got slammed between DRT & SAS.

DP damned network between MEI & TCL.

This whole scenario seems rather unsettling, even though it turned out reasonably well. I ride trains because I like riding trains. However, I wonder how many "never agains" were created by passengers from the real world. The trip time including delays between Dallas and San Antonio equals 15 one way trips on Southwest Airlines.

There were plenty of people who got on in the DFW area heading to Austin and San Antonio to give the train a try. I'm sure that will be their first and last trip.

I thought I remember reading on here they save a little over $1 million a year running one engine on the TE instead of two. With all the busses, cab service, customer service vouchers, and hotel accommodations they provide when this train breaks down I can't imagine they save that much money in the end.

We made it into LAX right at 8AM, was a perfect arrival time. Everyone had time to get ready for the day and have some coffee before arrival.
Walked over to Phillipe's for the first time to have breakfast, what a neat place. Going to have to try a sandwich on the way back in a couple weeks.

The whole rest of the trip everyone in our car was complaining to Lisa about how bad Ernesto was. Lisa said she had been with Amtrak 26 years and claimed the SCA job isn't that hard if you just stay on top of things. I have never seen someone clean the bathrooms so frequently. I imagine Amtrak is going to get a lot of phone calls and letters about this trip.
Had Lisa on the 421 last December, she indeed stayed on top of things and was a very good attendant. Hoping we encounter her again on one, or both legs of our TE trip in the near future. Listened to #1 on the scanner this AM, from my office, arriving on track 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back