Train #91 and #92 Canceled 3/8/06

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdisnie

Train Attendant
Due to track work train #91 is canceled along with #92 for today 3/8/06 according to Amtrak Rep. I thought this was only suppose to affect certain cities not whole trains? Anybody with any information please help!!

According to the Amtrak rep 91 and 92 are canceled. I have a feeling she meant the 98, since that comes up on the web site that the train does not exist. i was checking because i am booked on the 91 for next week and am getting concerned on why they canceled it, since according to the Amtrak web site it only mentions about posible delays and certain stations being bypassed. They did say that next weeks trains should not be affected, just trying to get more information so if anybody has any please share. Thanks

Hi, you said you think the amtrak rep made a mistake by stating the 91 and 92 are cancelled and felt she meant 98 instead. I checked the train status on the home page of the Amtrak website and it does state that the 91, and 92 are not running due to a service disruption for today's date.

I can't find the post, but someone gave us the dates on the closings, disruptions etc. for the silver service. I was wondering about trains 97 and 98 for this month. We leave on the 31st from VA to Kissimmee Fl.

That post was very informative but still can't find it, can any one help? Thank you. :(

From what I found out #97 and #98 are ok. It seems to be the #91 and #92 but more the #92. #91 ran all week up to today with no problems, actually got into florida with little delays, by Amtrak standards LOL. #92 seems to have been canceled up to today but can't get complete information on that. If you go onto to the Amtrak web page and look up schedules the dates are there. My understanding is March 11-14, 25-28 are the current dates for track work. Keep in mind there is no mention of trains being canceled only possible delays and bypassing certain stations, with bus service from station to station. Also #92 is suppose to leave Kis two hours earlier on those days. As I have stated in earlier posts this is all I know and any other help is greatly appreciated.

As an update to my earlier post, posted as guest, forgot to log in!!!! According to Amtrak Reps there should be no issues with #91 next week due to track work, famous last words!! LOL It does mention on the Amtrak Web about possible problems on March 7 and 8th but cannot get any information on why!

Double check that info. Usually when a train is modified with a different service schedule other than the one listed in the national timetable, they give the train another number. When the Silver Star Supertrain ran during the spring of 2004, it ran as 1191 and 1192, not 91 and 92. Not to discount what the Amtrak representatives are saying about today's trains, but sometimes they forget to input the "correct" train number during the service modification period. Just a thought about what's up with this topic. :unsure:

Trains #91 and #92 were/are bypassing TPA today (03/08) and tomm (03/09) due to a trackwork project over on the the A-line to TPA between Auburndale and points south on that line. This info as per the station agent at my local Amtrak station. Train #92 supposedly had to sit at the station at KIS this afternoon and it should tomm as well. It should (and should have today) get to the KIS station almost an hour early due to that bypass. It is back to normal after this week (supposedly) and we will be following the earlier posted train changes. And as "trainboy" has already posted, on those days of the schedule change train #92 operates as train #1192. So that will be the train number you enter on the webpage or instruct "Julie" to look for if the real one doesn't work. OBS...

If I am reading this correctly #91 and #92 were not canceled on 3/8/06 only there numbers changed? Any word if numbers will be changing next week because of track work? As I have mentioned in a earlier post i will be on #91 next week and am trying to get all the info I can get. Thanks for the update.

91 was definitely not cancelled, as I saw it with my own eyes at Newark Penn at 11:30 yesterday running on time!

No trains have been cancelled due to trackwork between RMT and RVR. On Saturdays through Wednesdays, the northbound Silver Star skips LAK and TPA and runs on a schedule two hours earlier than the national timetable. This train is number 1192, not 92. All southbound Silver Stars (91) run normally and go to LAK and TPA. As OBS said earlier, the date in question (3/8) was due to a specific work zone on the A-line between TPA and Auburndale which caused the "Due to a Service Disruption" notices on the Train Status system on the website and Julie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back