Train festival 2023 at LA Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seemed even more crowded than back when they did similar events for National Train Day.

A couple friends and I went on Saturday -- we arrived about half an hour after the official start time, and the line to view the historic equipment was already 2 hours long (if you believed the "wait time from this point..." signs), so we opted not to do that. We looked at the model train layouts that were set up in the historic ticketing hall, briefly checked out the organization booths on the south patio, and then walked to Olvera Street. We came back to the station just as Homebound Brew Haus was about to open for the day, but there was an impressively long line waiting to get in there, so we left downtown L.A. entirely and went elsewhere for lunch.

It seemed even more crowded than back when they did similar events for National Train Day.

A couple friends and I went on Saturday -- we arrived about half an hour after the official start time, and the line to view the historic equipment was already 2 hours long (if you believed the "wait time from this point..." signs), so we opted not to do that. We looked at the model train layouts that were set up in the historic ticketing hall, briefly checked out the organization booths on the south patio, and then walked to Olvera Street. We came back to the station just as Homebound Brew Haus was about to open for the day, but there was an impressively long line waiting to get in there, so we left downtown L.A. entirely and went elsewhere for lunch.
Yes, appeared to be very well attended on Saturday.
Looking at the date/time data on my photos, we got in line about 1100 AM (near the piano and main waiting area) and first equpment photo was taken at 1145. We passed the 60 minute wait sign at 1130. So, not too bad for us.

Last edited:
Back